Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rice Krispie Treats

I made these football-shaped Rice Krispie treats for Ryan's birthday. I didn't get to try them but Darren liked them. I found the recipe on one of my books called "Meals on the go". I forgot to take pictures as I made them but they are not that complicated so here we go:

Crispy Chocolate Footballs
Makes about 20 small footballs


2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter or margarine
7 cups Rice Krispie cereal
White icing

1. Line baking sheets with waxed paper: set aside
2. Combine chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Place cereal in large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal; stir to coat evenly.
4. Lightly butter hands. Shape about 1/3 cup cereal mixture into football shapes, each about 2 x 1 1/4 inches in size. Place on prepared baking sheets.
5. Decorate with icing.



Photobucket

No comments: