Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Antelope Island

Saturday morning we woke up to a insane thunderstorm. Darren came to our room around 5 am with his giraffes totally afraid of the thunder. We spent a few minutes looking at the weather app and talking about storms but then it was time to get up and get ready for the Antelope Island Stampede race that Daniel and I were supposed to run at 8 am. I could only think about my still-new and pricey running shoes getting all muddy on the trail but luckily by the time we got there the trail had drained pretty nicely. Darren stayed with Maren and David and went to Max's football game (thanks guys!). I have been sick for a week now so I wasn't feeling 100% well but I still enjoyed running the now familiar White Rock trail. I placed 10th overall (female) and 3rd on my age group. I was 25 sec slower than last year so I felt slightly disappointed.

What I'm really proud about is Daniel's courage to run with me when he had basically no time to train (we only did the 5k) and he didn't do bad at all, I think all that morning basketball paid off and the few times he was able to make it to the gym the past month. He completed the race in 35 minutes placing 4th on his age group. So hooray for Daniel!

This is what the island looked like at 7:30am.

Yes, there's a bison on the right side of the picture..and it makes me so scared to think about finding one on the trail. YIKES!






Next week: The Classic Race in Layton. I'll be running the 10k :)




Photobucket

No comments: