Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Hooked" on Fishing

On Monday, May 14, I accompanied the second graders to "Cold Springs Trout Farm" in North Ogden, I honestly didn't know what to expect because we are not the most "outdoorsy" people in this area. I've never gone fishing and Darren has had no experience doing any of this. Still, I was excited for Darren to be able to learn something new.
The kids tried fly fishing and they rotated through different activities all morning long. It was kind of a long day but I'm proud of Darren for doing a great job being patient and participating in the games (even volleyball!!). His has improved so much and even though there were things that normally would have triggered an outburst, Darren did a great job making right choices.
After struggling catching a fish and with the help from a good friend, Darren was able to catch his own fish and bring it home for dinner!
I wish you guys could have seen Daniel's expression when I told him I had a dead fish in a baggie in the fridge waiting to be grilled HAHA.
Darren was so excited to eat it that we couldn't throw it away and we ended up grilling it, skin, head and fins and enjoying it! (Uncle Robbie would have been so proud of us!).
Ah the things we do for the kid :)









Here's the link to the recipe we used to grill the trout Cooks.com, it's called "Grilled Trout with Lemon Butter". Easy and delicious! 


Photobucket

No comments: