Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

There are many women that have influenced our lives over the years. We appreciate them and love them.
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.

                                                            Abraham Lincoln

 Nedra (Dan's mom/mother in law/grandma) has been and will continue to be a giant figure in Daniel's life. She raised him, she was his teacher, and his example. Always an incredibly hard worker, she always seems to be moving and doing. She also received me when I first arrived, made me feel welcomed and loved and helped me find my way when Daniel and I were  first married.

Nedra



Carmen (mom/grandma) has been a great example to me of love and sacrifice. As a single mom, she went above and beyond making sure we had what we needed and supported us through college. She is always been there for my sisters and me and her grandchildren. She taught us hard work and to never give up.

Carmen

(Left-right) Monica, Carmen (me), Carmen (mom), Cynthia


Cynthia (my sister/aunt) has been like a second mom to me. As the oldest of the three, she made sure we were safe when my mom was at work, she fed us dinner that my mom had cooked the night before and when she was old enough she was able to help my mom cook for us...and I will never forget when she cooked those "spinach meals" before realizing she didn't follow the recipe haha.
She's always put Monica and me before her, she cares for us and even when she's far away she always makes sure we don't lack anything. She constantly shows how much she loves us in the things she does for us. She's a great mom to Nikky and a great example of determination as she always accomplishes the things she puts her mind to.

Cynthia 


Cynthia and me

I'm also very grateful for the blessing of being a mom to such a wonderful little boy, in spite of the challenges I would never change what I have. Darren has taught me so much and has an unconditional love for me and he shows it often. He has truly brought much joy to our lives. 


Darren and me


Photobucket

No comments: