Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a new day


After 4 years on the Young Women program of the church I was finally released last week as their president. I really had a AMAZING time and I learned a lot from the girls. It was an emotional Sunday for a lot of us but we made it through and now I look forward to serving in my next calling as a Sunday School teacher. Darren was so extremely worried I would have to go to the nursery because, according to him, those babies are full of germs YUCK haha.
I'm also glad I was able to complete my personal progress and earn my YW medallion and honor bee before I was released.
If you know me, you know that I love quotes and this is one that talks about changes:

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy;
for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves,
we must die to one life before we can enter another.”
This change in callings really came at the right time. We will be having Darren's  therapy sessions every Wednesday so we are super excited to get this going! I'll be able to focus more on him and Daniel. Change is hard, but also good.
Today is a good day. It's a new day :)

Photobucket




P.S.
I love all my sweet young women!!
Moroni 8:3





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were the best Carmen. I really don't know how to thank you eough for all you did for Lexy. She looked up to you like a second mom.

Carmen said...

Aww Thanks Amy :D I love Lexy, she's way cool! :)