Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Serger: A new adventure

For the longest time I've been wanting to go back to the things I enjoy the most. Being creative. I love making crafts and I love sewing. My mom bought me my first sewing machine when I was 15 years old and I have loved it ever since. I got my bachelors degree in Fashion and Textile design back in Aguascalientes, Mexico  and worked at Vianney for a number of years.
I've seen the young women in my ward struggle finding clothes that are cute and modest so I think I will experiment with some of these things and see where it takes me to. I gotta admit, I feel intimidated, I haven't done stuff like that in years so I feel overwhelmed but I know that every time I put my mind into something I usually figure how to get it done.
One of the reasons why it's taking me forever to get started is because I didn't have a serger. But not anymore! My sister Cynthia, who is by the way, the best sister ever (well Monica is pretty awesome too!) generously purchased/donated a serger so that I can get to work and hopefully feel successful.
Cynthia, thanks for always having my back...
The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. 
~Cali Rae Turner
Daniel, thanks for supporting me in every crazy adventure and playing with Darren every time I need to get stuff done.
If you try to call me or text me and I don't respond it's probably because I'm in the basement playing with my new toy :)

http://thesewingdivas.wordpress.com/category/book-reviews/


Photobucket

No comments: